Are you our research specialist that combines passion for agriculture with sales? Join Viscon Group as an Research Consultant!
What are you going to do?
As part of the research team you will advise clients on best practices in a particular field of expertise while conducting research into defined projects to collect, efficiently organize, and analyze data to solve problems, explore issues, and develop new innovations, while. To combine research activities, including investigations into defined topics for new product development, current product improvement, client queries or protocol development with scientific advisement to existing and potential clients, thus supporting Sales & Marketing on a technical level. You report to the Lead Plant Researcher and Sales manager. As Research Consultant Tissue Culture manage best of both worlds by working +/- 25% on research topics and 75% on sales support and advising our customers.
- Advise growers on implementation of Plant Tissue Culture in their facility, support them in optimizing their production and adapting to the new way of growing using your Plant Tissue Culture expertise.
- Support sales by doing customer visits (20-30% of your time), representing Viscon at fairs, sharing application knowledge to realize a commercial deal and bringing new leads.
- Share knowledge both internally and externally with customers and partners, by means of customer visits, presentations, reports.
- Develop and validate new applications in collaboration with research institutes and growers.
What do we ask of you?
- You have an MSc. Plant Science, MSc. Plant Biotechnology or similar.
- You have relevant work experience in an research/lab environment.
- You have knowledge in the field of Tissue culture.
- You like to travel regularly to visit our customers.
- Working independently is not a problem for you.
- You have good communication skills and are highly customer-oriented.
- You are solution-oriented and analytical.
- You can speak and write in English & Spanish.
What can we offer you?
- You are very welcome in our innovative working environment and invite you to work with this mindset as well.
- We have a lot of room for your vision and input, we like it when you think along about new possibilities.
- Your working hours can be arranged flexibly (in consultation with your colleagues).
- 25 days off.
- In addition, you will receive 8% holiday allowance and a thirteenth month.
- If your ambitions require further training, a personal training budget is available for this.
#Viscon, Your place to grow!
We are an organization that always balances between the dynamics of innovation and the structure of standardization. Our customers in the Agro & Food sectors want the latest technology and this means that it is never boring with us! Every day, 300colleagues work with us on the most innovative, qualitative and creative solutions to move products from A to B within production organisations. Where A is the harvested / produced product and B, that is in your shopping cart! From seed to tomato, from young plant to bedding plants, from egg to chick.
Recruitment & selection agency or secondment agency? We appreciate the interest and understand that you as an intermediary want to present the candidates with our open positions in order to contribute to our ambitions. But this is not how we have set up our recruitment. This means that all unsolicited profiles offered on Viscon vacancies will be treated as direct applications.